Digital Nomads: How to Live, Work and Play Around the World by André Gussekloo & Esther Jacobs is filled with inspiring stories and actionable steps for those seeking to embrace the digital nomad lifestyle. The book covers various aspects of living and working remotely, from finding the best destinations to navigating the challenges of working on the go.
Year Published: 2016
Genre: Digital Nomadism, Self-help, Travel
As an Amazon Affiliate we earn a commission if you buy via one of our links. Thanks in advance if you do – you help keep us running!
What We Like About It
From a digital nomad’s perspective, this book is a goldmine of valuable insights, guidance, and inspiration needed to make the most of your global adventures. The authors provide practical tips on how to travel efficiently, ideas to find clients and make money, choose the right country, and generally making the most of your time spent globetrotting.
Even as someone who has spent over 10 years living outside of my home country, I found plenty to like and even new things to learn in Digital Nomads, something I can’t say with all books on the subject!
5 Key Takeaways from Digital Nomads: How to Live, Work and Play Around the World
- Minimize your life. To be a true nomad you can cut down on numerous things – expenses, clutter, and tasks. Traveling light is the name of the game.
- Choose the right destination. Learn how to select the best locations for your digital nomad journey, taking into account factors such as cost of living, infrastructure, and local culture.
- Do what you love. What’s the point in this lifestyle if you hate your work? With the glut of online work these days, there should be something for everyone out there.
- Build a strong network. Cultivate and maintain relationships with clients, colleagues, and fellow digital nomads to ensure both a steady flow of projects and support.
- Embrace personal growth. Use your experiences as a digital nomad to grow both personally and professionally, broadening your horizons and improving your skills.
Worth a Read?
Digital Nomads: How to Live, Work and Play Around the World is equally valuable to digital nomads, freelancers, and other remote workers who have yet to begin their journey, as well as the well-seasoned travelers out there.
The book provides practical advice, inspiration, and real-life examples that can help you succeed in (and avoid the pitfalls of) this exciting way of life. It’s chock-full with information on the many aspects of being a digital nomad, which could be intimidating to beginners; however, it’s well worth the deep-dive!